Alyssa Beckham Thursday, April 1, 2010

So, pretty good day today overall. Had a few slip-ups, but I'm not going to punish myself and I'm going to move on. This morning, I got pampered. The waxing was painful, because I only get to do it every couple of months. See, I'm really particular about where I do waxing and pedicures and such, because I want it to be clean and I want my skin to stay in tact and there's only one woman that I trust. What I'm going to do when she retires, I don't know. But anyway, this woman lives in Brooklyn, so when I'm in Bumblefuck, I am not waxed for the most part. I try to keep up with my eyebrows, but I'm scared to screw them up completely. So when she finally does the waxing and the pedicure (manicure, I'm not so particular with), it is PAINFUL. But it's worth it.

And my hair. That's another thing I am extremely particular with. There is one woman who can cut, style and color my hair. I trust no one else. She colored my hair almost back to its natural color, which is cool. But she cut my side bangs kind of short, which bugs me but my hair grows pretty fast and it doesn't look too awful, so I'm not letting it upset me too much.

Moving on, food. Oh, food. How you tease me so. I came back after my salon fun and only had time to eat a little bit of chocolate matzah and some little matzah pancakes. Could not have been too many calories, once again. And then, I went to the city to meet up with one of my close friends from school. There, I got a green tea frappuccino, but I felt like I was replacing the food that I had barely eaten for breakfast and lunch, so I didn't feel too dreadful. Then, I went to my friend's house in Williamsburg to eat dinner.

See, I'm a pescaterian and a Jew, which makes Passover particularly hard. No bread, no pasta, no meat. Hm. What does one eat? Anyway, they were having ham, but they also had potatoes and salad, which was what I ate. Then, we went to walk around the neighborhood, which is very hipster and fun and my friend's mom got me some frozen yogurt. It was strawberry flavored and supposedly aids weight loss. I don't know. Whatever. It was really good and I topped it with mango, pineapple and kiwi. Pretty healthy. We walked around for a really really really long time, which was great. And it was pretty nice out, so I was happy with that. For some reason, I am RIDICULOUSLY sore right now. For some reason, the amount of walking I did took a serious toll on me today. I wanted to come home and play some Wii, but my body just yelled no, so I figured I'd listen since I had walked a lot and hadn't eaten all that much.

I'm thinking of/set on doing the C25K. It's something I've always wanted to do and now with the great weather coming around, I think it's a good time.

Tomorrow, I have plans to walk the bridge at 3PM and I am sticking to them! My best friend promised to go with me and my other best friend (I know, I sound like I'm in junior high school, but they really are both my best friends--I've known them for almost 7 years) just joined in. I guess you really can find people that just want to walk if you really try. Hm. I can't promise pictures, since my camera is out of order, but we'll see what happens! Perhaps someone else will bring a camera or I'll take pictures on my phone.

Now, off to check up on everyone's blogs and find some new ones! Anybody have any suggestions for awesome ones?

1 comment:

Mesha said...

Way to go on the walking!!! I love it when the weather is nice, I've been counting down the days and it's finally here for me in Kansas. 100 mile challenges coming up, you interested. :) 100 miles of cardio in one month! I'll likely do that in May.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Post a Comment